stromerforum.ch
ST2 - Theft (Diebstahl) mode - Druckversion

+- stromerforum.ch (https://www.stromerforum.ch)
+-- Forum: +STROMER- (https://www.stromerforum.ch/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Elektrik & Elektronik (https://www.stromerforum.ch/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thema: ST2 - Theft (Diebstahl) mode (/showthread.php?tid=1043)

ST2 - Theft (Diebstahl) mode - peterw - 01.06.2014

Hallo,
have picked up my ST2 1 week ago from the bike shop. It's a pleasure to drive as an e-bike. as an i-bike it's far from perfect to say the least. It has taken one week to receive my PIN...seems the bike was lost in the i-cloud...anyway finally received it yesterday.

Decided to see how good the lock-mode is and it's so good I can't unlock it anymore Sad
I wanted to see what would happen when you try to move the bike in lock-mode....lights start to flicker and the engine starts to brake.....impossible to drive...perfect!

but how do you get out of Theft-mode????
The user manual mentions to push the on/off switch to show the keyboard to enter the pin but the on/off switch doesn't do anything when in Theft-mode!

Have installed the android-app where I can see my bike is locked and theft is active.....pushing unlock-buttons simply doesn't do anything...

anybody any idea? at the moment my ST2 is not more then a Xmass-tree in my garage :mad:

ST2 - Theft (Diebstahl) mode - ere - 01.06.2014

peterw: schrieb:but how do you get out of Theft-mode?

Zitat:Der ST2 kann nur über die myStromer App aus dem Diebstahlmodus geholt werden. *)
Link: www.stromerbike.com/de/ch/support/support-st2/diebstahlschutz/diebstahlmodus

*) Google Translator:
The ST2 may be brought only on the myStromer app from the theft mode.

ST2 - Theft (Diebstahl) mode - peterw - 01.06.2014

thank you for the link.

It's not possible to deactivate theft mode on my bike. Each time I try to unlock theft mode the android app crashes Sad

knowing that the Theft mode can only be deactivated through the app is a nightmare...if somebody unintentionally moves the bike you're stranded if you don't have the app! why not having access through a secure website, would makes life much easier...

I have a windows phone and iPad1 so impossible to install the current apps, had to get the android tablet from my father to try it now.

Would recommend Stromer initiates a 24h assistance line where stranded users can get their bikes unlocked.

ST2 - Theft (Diebstahl) mode - Eddy_Claes - 01.06.2014

Have incidentally gotten into anti-theft mode once. Didn't succeed at first. First of all be sure that you have a good internet connection. Than select 'Control' in the application and there select 'Help'. Than select the un-theft button. Can take several minutes to get out of theft mode. (That's what I have remembered from my experience)

ST2 - Theft (Diebstahl) mode - peterw - 02.06.2014

have called Stromer-support, they have moved the bike to untheft-mode for me.
While I had the guy on the phone I tried putting the bike in theft-mode...it works. Pushing the untheft-mode button doesn't do anything with the bike. Sad
Seems there's a bug in the app...Those people that are using the Android-app be aware! They'll be looking into it.
I will not use the lock-mode until it's fixed and even then it's
a risk while I don't have a device that can run the app. Windows phone is not on their to-do list
FYI, they're working on a internet web-portal with the same functionalities.....release-time not available
I'll settle for a free stromer-iPad until it's available Big Grin